Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Daily Devotion: The Confidence to Share the Gospel

Scripture: 
1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Main Verses: 
1 Corinthians 9:22-23
22 To the weak I became weak in order to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some of them. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel in order to have a share in its blessings.

Observation:
Sharing the gospel of Christ was one of Paul's priorities in his ministry on earth. In the first part of Chapter 9 he states that he is a free man, yet he has made himself a servant to others so that he can win more people to Christ. He did not expect any reward for his work. He just wanted to preach. Such was his sacrifice so that many people can hear the gospel!

He also tried to adapt to various situations when sharing the gospel. He used different strategies when sharing the gospel to the Jews and the Gentiles. He was strong when he needed to be strong, and he was weak when he needed to share to the weak. He did all of these so that he can reach out to many different people, so that more people can hear the word of Christ.

Application:
Often times we are faced with problems when sharing the gospel to others. Some are receptive and readily accept Jesus in their hearts. Others are hostile. They do not want to listen to a word you say. Others open their doors and welcome you with open hearts. Others shut their doors and close their minds to God's word.

We cannot expect everyone to have the same response when sharing Jesus' gospel of salvation. Only God can see their hearts; our obligation as Jesus' follower is to share how our personal encounter with Christ has changed and continues to change our life. But, we can only be effective in our responsibility of sharing the gospel if we do whatever it takes to reach the lost, just like Paul.

Prayer:
My Jesus, my precious Savior, let me have a heart that genuinely cares for the salvation of others. Give me the confidence to share my testimony to others. And if those people that I share your gospel to do not respond in a positive way, give me a joyful spirit, so I do not get discouraged but consider the rejection as a challenge to continue the work that you have done here on earth. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment