Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Costco in Korea, Finally!

I finally had the chance to get a membership at Costco! Yey!!! 

This is the Costco Branch in Sangbong. I was really excited to get a membership because I've been wanting to buy block cheese. The ones that are sold in supermarkets are the yellow cheese slices (and they don't taste like cheese at all.. blech!) and I doubt they can even be used for baking.
Blocks and blocks of cheddar cheese, ricotta, cream cheese, etc... Margarine by the bucket.

 ... Basically, most items are sold in bulk.
 
Well, what do you know! Goldilocks Spring Rolls sold this week in Costco. I read that when you see an item being sold today, better buy that now or you may never see them selling it again.
This is how my cart looked like after almost 2 hours of walking around the store ^^ I wanted to buy more, but since I have a long commute from Costco to my place, I had to restrain myself.
Of course, I had to taste their 2,000 won hotdog set (with refillable soda) before going home!

To get to Costco Sangbong, you can take the Jungang Line, get off at Mangu Station and go to exit 1. From Exit 1, walk straight and cross the street, then turn right. You will see the big Costco sign. It is a 5-minute walk from the subway. 

Opening hours: 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Address: 81 Sangbong-dong Chungrang-gu, Seoul Korea
Phone: (02) 439-1144
Closed on New Year's day, Lunar New Year's Day, Chuseok and every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month

No comments:

Post a Comment